Monday, February 13, 2006

Adventures in ice climbing...



Well, I had my first taste of ice climbing this past weekend. Adam and I (along with Mike, whom we met up with there) headed up to North Conway, NH last Thursday and got a good 2 days of climbing in. We had a blast...but I definitely need to work on my ice skills!! I barely scraped up my first climb. It was ugly, and of course the guys practically flew up the ice! Not that I'm competitive or anything. ;)

We top roped right next to a highway the first day and Adam attempted a lead climb the second but that didn't work out so we ended up on top rope again (this time we were at a popular climbing area, Cathedral Ledge...very nice). Thankfully, I did improve on my second day. But nonetheless, I still took some really elegant (ha!) falls. There was a photographer hired by the ice festival (yes, there was an ice climbing 'festival' going on there in which we only participated in the Saturday night slideshow) and he got some pics of me and the crew. They actually showed them at the slideshow which was kind of neat. The pics of us aren't on his website but definitely check it out anyway because his work is absolutely gorgeous! www.brianpostphoto.com

No comments: