Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cook, cooking, and the Revolution...

...and in that order.

So, Friday night was the Dane Cook gig. It was funny, as expected. That Dane Cook, he is one silly...boy. Headed up to MD to say hello and wish my dad and Denise an early happy birthday (btw, everyone say happy birthday to my dad....Happy Birthday, Dad!!).

Saturday night was the much anticipated Iron Chef America BBQ Smackdown Royale!! I was one of the 3 panel judges. The results were unanimous...Scotty Boy Manson stole the show with his pork chops and veggie boat. (Victory speech??) Wang came in strong at second place with his chicken, potatoes, and judge fav - Lay's Kettle Cooked BBQ chips. Chairman Frost finished last with his smorgasbord of food smothered in green stuff. Pics coming soon!!

The band got a last minute booking for Sunday evening. I don't watch soccer, but apparently the 'super bowl' of soccer happened that day and we were playing the post party for the New England Revolution, one of the teams playing. Unfortunately, they lost so believe it or not, they weren't in a dancing kinda mood. Well, at least I can check "Singing for a professional soccer team" off my life's to-do list...

1 comment:

J-2 said...

I wasn't there...but, I hear that the judging was rigged!

The "super bowl" of soccer?? Please...the term "Super Bowl" should NEVER be used to reference a soccer game. Maybe you could say that it was the "Stanley Cup" of soccer games :)