Thursday, May 25, 2006

Go to Red River Gorge...

Believe me, the 9.5 hour car trip is well worth it!!! Here are the pics. We had such a great time. We stayed in a nice little cabin (which worked out quite well considering the alternative would've included setting up camp in the rain...). And we got extremely lucky with the weather. Despite the rain upon arrival, it was perfect weather the whole weekend.

Day One - We went to a climbing area called 'Roadside Crag'...ah, but don't let the name fool you, the area was really beautiful and thankfully, no cars anywhere in sight.

Day Two - Climbed in the 'Torrent Falls' area. This was really quite impressive (as you'll see if you glance at the pics). It's actually private owned land (how'd you like to have that as a backyard?!).


Anyways, it was a really good day. I climbed my first lead (although I did top rope it first...yes, I'm a big ninny). :-) And I climbed my first 5.10a (yeah, yeah....on top rope). Andrew lead this route (amongst the many others), which was really impressive!


Day 3 - To cap off the trip we hiked up to Natural Bridge. It was a nice wind down and again, beautiful area. And sure enough, I manage to not hurt myself the whole trip but of course I whack my knee on a huge, obvious tree stump on the way to the car. Go figure... :-P

4 comments:

sfrost said...

Wow, the pic of you climbing looks really impressive. How many feet are you off the ground on that one? The link to the pictures wasn't working for me. Sorry can't make your gig at Harley DAvidson tomorrow, we got a wedding to go in MD. Poker the following weekend should be on and umm excuse the HUGE mess that you will see. THe mess from before multiplied. :)

Daphne said...

It's hard for me to believe that you are the same person that would hold my hair in a death grip at the thought of being placed on the floor to walk. The trip from arms to floor was too much for you.It boggles my mind to think you have become so daring!

Unknown said...

Sorry, folks...link to pics works now! Thanks for pointing it out Stacy... (you've got a week to fix up that mess!!! haha)

Daring?? I wish I were...see that rope? :-D Believe me, I haven't lost that death grip!!

J-2 said...

cool trip - who would've thought a state like kentucky could have such a use.