Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Trip report...

Spent this past July 4th weekend at Seneca, WV...

Arrival: "ROOM #9". Why the quotes? Because once you've been in "ROOM #9", the mere utterance of the words will haunt you. Just to give you an idea...there was actually a sign in the room that said 'Please excuse the stains on the sheets...' You get the idea. My sincere thanks goes out to the family who reserved cabin #41 and never showed. All was well.

Day 1: Climbed a bit and slept. Lazy day, ain't nothing wrong with that... Oh, and had a gear placement 101 class...I know what I want for Christmas. :-D

Day 2: Climbed some fun new stuff (had a really really good time, I didn't necessarily get all my climbing ya ya's out but I'm still a newbie...learning is a good thing), ate, and um...drank a lil too much. :-/

Day 3: Thought about climbing...was kinda looking cloudy...I was "under the weather"...sooo, fishing it was. (Almost stepped on a black snake...still freaked out over that one. Yes, I'm a big wimp.)

Day 4: Thought about climbing...it started to rain. Fishing again! And no, we didn't catch anything (of significance, that is).

It was a really great time. I can't wait until the boys are old enough to come along (don't worry, Daphne...only for fishing). Will defintely be back soon...

6 comments:

Daphne said...

Stepped on a snake! All along I've been thinking....suppose she sticks her hand in one of those holes and a snake is inside.....Better learn to LOVE snakes.
The biopsy went well yesterday....long day! Now we wait for the results.
We'll teach that boy how to fish while you're here. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

We can't wait either! Let me know the results when you get them...

sfrost said...

So that's where you were. Umm, have you gotten my emails at all, i'm wondering at amccullough@info.com right? Hope you had a good 4th. WE had family over for a pool party but we went fishing at Scott's parent's cabin in MD. We caught about 26 fish total. About 7 each, and Kai caught his first fishes that day.

Unknown said...

Hey Stacy...yeah, I've been getting your emails but it's info@amccullough.com :-)

26 fish?! Wow, when are you going to have a poker/fishing weekend in MD?? That'd be cool...

J-2 said...

let's see...i had to work monday..that was a bummer. i spent the 4th going to a fun bbq, and lit off some fireworks at night. went to my uncle's place this past sunday and got to see some cousins i haven't seen in awhile. ofcourse, i got to see sebastian there, too. unfortunately april wasn't there due to work committments. went to the gym wed night and reluctantly allowed crazy kevin to belay - i told him that i would pummel him if he dropped me...he didn't. didn't do anything worth noting yesterday. went out to dinner with kevin and kara this evening and enjoyed good conversation. and, that brings me to the present. Oh! wait a minute - this is YOUR blog...oops...hehe.

Unknown said...

I knew you'd come back to blogger even if it was in the form of posting on my blog!! You let Kevin belay you? Ah, some people will never learn...