Sunday, April 08, 2007

SNP and the near Old Rag epic...

How about I begin at SNP? I snatched up an extra $5. :-) I'm now 3rd to last on the Google spreadsheet. I can't really say it's a satisfying win as I basically took the money from a not-so-sober person. Not that she probably will remember any of it...

So, today me and a buddy went to Old Rag Mountain. Good times, good times... The intention was to go scout the place out for climbing and possibly climb something while doing so. Well, buddy had his eye on a certain rock wall...a certain wall that was only accessible following a "faint path". Finding a faint path in normal weather, fairly easy. Finding said path in snow, good luck. So, we're bushwhacking along in what we think may be the path and we come to a point where I've about lost hope. So, I bid my friend luck on his quest in finding his holy wall and head back to the main trail. After battling the branches and thorny bushes...I finally get back to the trail (pretty much completely snow covered and branches sticking outta my hair...I looked hot). ;-) So, anyways...all went well up to the summit (see below...quite lovely) and met up with buddy on the way back down. He never did find his wall.

My weekend pics:

He loves his Aunt Mandy...


Old Rag...




And my personal favorite:

5 comments:

sfrost said...

Your last pic is something I'd see on Jay Leno's skits with that pic is pretty funny. At least your up.. stupid bad luck hitting a bunch of 2 pairs and losing out on a few straight draws...ugh....

Unknown said...

I'm not up. -$1, I believe. F or S NP this week?

Tulip said...

My myspace:
www.myspace.com/tulipbr
(what a surprise, huh?)
-Tulip

J-2 said...

hey tulip....watch your shameless plugs of other websites on this blog...i used to get scolded for plugging my site here.

Unknown said...

Tulip! Tsk tsk... Alright, I'll let it slide this time since you might not have been aware of my blog laws. :P