Monday, July 28, 2008

Miami and our island hopping adventure...

As most of you already know, we are back from our vacation. Now, I don't have very many pics to share (which we'll get to in a moment), so I apologize if this post gets a bit verbose.

First off...Miami Beach. Best part, definitely the water...so gorgeous. A bit crowded for my liking but overall it was a nice place. Being that it's perfectly okay to bathe in the nude on those beaches, probably would never bring Ty there again. But hey, that's just me. We spent the day at South Beach where Ty devoured the 'best waffle' he'd ever eaten, spent some time in the ocean, capped it off with dinner with some fruity beverages :) and watched some women's beach volleyball. (Ty better look back on this post and realize what a cool mom he has...)

We sailed off on Monday and basically spent the day exploring the ship and splashing around a bit in the pool. I also believe this was the day we brought down the house with "Summer Nights" in the karaoke lounge. :) Ah, good times.

Tuesday we docked at the Grand Bahama Islands and hopped on another boat to go snorkeling. This had to be the highlight of the trip. I absolutely loved it, and it was a blast. To top it off, there was a rock wall on the boat and they did competitions to see who got to the top first. And not that I'm competitive or anything...but I smoked the Fat Kid. :P

Wednesday was Nassau, we did the whole Paradise Island thing. It was fun, but we didn't get to spend as much time on the beach as we should have because 1) it took us forever to figure out how to actually get to the beach (but thanks to some stranger... we pulled some Mission Impossible-ish moves and got into the restricted area for free) and 2) silly us, no one brought a watch.

And finally, our last day of the cruise was Great Stirrup Cay (NCL's island). It was nice, but gotta say...Disney's Castaway Cay island put this island to shame. Surprisingly, the beach area was small and it was just crowded. We did some snorkeling there as well...which again, was awesome. Now, as for the lack of photos, that would be due to the fact that a stranger now possesses my camera and all the pictures from our cruise. :( Yup, someone stole it the last night of the cruise. Leaving me with this lonely pic to share...enjoy! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have known you would have done this already, so never mind me asking you to sum up your cruise on FB. Was that the first time you guys went snorkling? Did Ty do it as well? When Scott & I did that in Aruba it was a lot of fun even though I sucked with not breathing through my nose properly but saw some cool blue fish in Aruba. Kai did his first snorkeling in Bahamas as well on our cruise 2 yrs. ago. Sounds like you all had fun.

Unknown said...

It was me and Ty's first time snorkeling. He loved it too and took right to it. Next year we should all do a cruise! I still have yet to do Royal Caribbean.

Lytkpr said...

OK, does that mean that you need a camera for your birthday? Shame about the pictures:( I am in on the next cruise!!!

Unknown said...

Well, lost and found items will get logged into the system tomorrow morning so cross your fingers!