Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why, Facebook, why?!....

First, no Scrabulous, now a re-design?? Facebook is killing me. Ok, the Scrabulous thing...I'm fairly shaken up about but at least they cut me off in the midst of a few games I was losing in. I'll let them off the hook for that, just so long as they bring it back before I get the shakes.

But as I'm coping with the loss of Scrabulous, they're now telling me to try the 'new' Facebook. Now everyone reading this knows that I hate change. And I really hate it when something is not broken! But I try it because I know they're gonna force it on me eventually. Of course, I don't like it. Here goes.

1. 'The Wall' and 'Mini-Feed' are now just a big honkin' combined wall. Info overload, yuck.

2. my iLike application is now on the left hand side and it's telling me that, apparently, I like songs I've never heard of. I just wanted the app for the videos...and now they're tiny. I'm doing away with it.

3. Granted, it is much more intuitive now to create a new photo album. But I don't like how I can either do it through the 'Application Tab' or 'The Publisher'. Give me one option or else I'm going to wonder what the difference is...and if I have to think, they have failed.

4. Looks like their trying to squeeze more ads in there. Boo to that. But I do give them credit for sticking to the Facebook 'style' with their ads. Maybe myspace (with their huge, flashing, distracting ads) will follow suit. Then again, does anyone even use myspace anymore?

Just my .02. Knowing me, a few of months of the new Facebook and I'll be singing it's praises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the new facebook?

Unknown said...

The redesigned Facebook. It's really not all that different, but it's just enough to irk me.