Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday mornings, not the best time to call...

Am I the only one who's phone rings constantly on Saturday morning? It's always some stupid telemarketer, and it's really quite infuriating. This morning my first call was at 8:30am...and it didn't have that signature 2 second silence that usually gives away the telemarketer. No, it had a "You have an important phone call, please stay on the line" message. Great, so I'm freaking out on a Saturday morning thinking what emergency happened. And, of course, it's just some company trying to get me to sign up for their credit card.

I don't know why I haven't just cancelled my home phone, I use my cell mostly now anyways. I guess I like paying that extra $$ a month to make sure I get my awesome weekend wake up calls.

6 comments:

Daphne said...

Hey.Singer Chick..don't you know that there's a "do not call", you can have put on our phone to keep those pests from bothering you.
Those boys are so cute...your Grant Man has been flirting with me since he got here. No he won't let me hold him.
Talked to Pops a short time ago and he really sounded good. This was such a bad week for him.

Unknown said...

Yup, Grant Man is quite the little cutie. Since my little man no longer gets excited to see me, it's always nice to see his big grinning face when I walk in their house!

I'm glad to be getting good reports on Pops...keep those coming!!

J-2 said...

you know...phones have these wonderful little switches called on/off switches. so, on fri night - you turn the phone off :) and, if it's somebody important with an emergency, they'll call you on your cell.

Anonymous said...

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx

J-2 said...

hey! i thought free plugs of other websites were banned from your site!! in any event, don't forget to check out, http://www.myspace.com/jtuininga

:)

Unknown said...

Free plugs are allowed when it's in relation to the nature of the post. Some Blog Etiquette 101 for ya...