Sunday, August 27, 2006

The climbs, the gig, and the mall...

Hmm, where shall I start?

So, Great Falls is now becoming quite the little backyard get-away for me. I realized while I was at the mall today (which I'll get to in a moment), how much I liked going there. Doesn't even necessarily have to be a climbing outing... We climbed 'the climb' on Saturday (faithful readers, you will know the one in which I'm referring to). But no good news to report, it's still a work in progress. During the brief session today, we climbed at the Dihedrals. The climbs were fun, but unfortunately time didn't allow for more than one setup. But now I know where they are...and I shall be back.

Foxchase Tavern was fun. Some folks from my office and Stacy, Lynda, and the J's came out which was cool. To my surprise, someone brought a date....ahem, thanks for sharing, you know who! Very not in character, hmmm...what's the deal? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh, and so the mall...hard to believe that just a few years ago I would've liked nothing better than to spend a gorgeous day inside a mall spending money on stuff I didn't need. How times have changed... although the spending part remains consistent. Well, today I was there to get an oil change and I guess everyone and their mother had the same idea because the wait was 2 hours during which I had to endure the crowds of teenagers agonizing over which homecoming dress to buy. Turns out the latch for popping the hood is broken so finally, the oil was not changed and I've got another car issue to add to the list. Yup, that'll get fixed next year...

4 comments:

Daphne said...

I guess the question is: How long has your car needed an oil change and can you afford to buy a new car if this one dies on you? How much does a new latch cost?
Pops had a setback and is back in the hospital. Not good!

Unknown said...

Poor Pops :( Meagan said that he was doing relatively good when she saw him. Email me when you can, I know you're busy, and let me know what happened.

As for the car, if it weren't for the new daycare expense I'm taking on next month, I'd be driving a reliable Toyota non-gas guzzler right now.

J-2 said...

yes..i like to bring little surprises every now and then. she said that she really enjoyed the music and thought you all were nice. she may be at poker this friday.

Daphne said...

After four arduous days, Bob’s doctor called me today to tell me Bob’s blood count is under control and they will be moving him back to rehab sometime this afternoon after dialysis. The elevated count was caused by all his meds working against themselves. Unfortunately, his kidneys aren’t working to eliminate these meds as they would be normally. The Dr. says Bob has to get on his feet and eat or he will never get well. The whole thing seems to be a vicious circle.
His address is"
Atlantic Rehabilitation
9715 Healthway Drive
Berlin, Maryland 21811