Monday, September 04, 2006

Kids-o-rama and the best cup of coffee ever...

The crew (Denise, Eric, Erica, Meagan, Scott, and kabillion kids - including myself and my dad) went to Hershey, PA for the weekend. Having the bad weather on Saturday, we hung out mostly at the hotel toying on the edge of getting kicked out with the noise/kids we brought along. We went to Hersheypark the next day which was interesting and fun. It didn't take us but a couple of minutes within arriving to lose Colin. After a quick "I thought you had him..." toss around, he was found hangin' with the popcorn vendor...should've known. The boys (not including Colin) went on their first roller-coaster ride. My poor little guy was so scared, and he absolutely hated it. But after seeing the rest of the kids so excited about it, he and Parker insisted 'it was fun'. Yea...his kung-fu grip on my arm throughout was fun, too!

Btw, don't let the name fool you...the only chocolate you'll come across at Hersheypark is double-priced candy bars from vending machines. And yes, I was expecting something a little more Willy-Wonka-esque...

So, today after hitting the zoo and Chocolate World (where it was a bit more chocolate-ish, but still no rivers of it...), we came back home. Then I had the best cup of coffee ever, which really has no story behind it...just happened to hit the spot with my killer headache. :-)

2 comments:

Daphne said...

There has to be a story behind the coffee....who made it?
I thought about all of you during the storm here, wondering if you would even be able to get out of Virginia. Looked pretty bad there too.
That was very smart leaving the scariest ride for last. You tell Ty how proud I am of him. I never went on a roller coaster until my children were grown...and the only reason I did was they made me. It wasn't the SuperDuperLooper was it? You panicked just watching the movie and Pops fell off the seat. It was one of those virtual reality movies....too real. I want to see pictures!

sfrost said...

Glad they had fun. I haven't been there with Kai yet but went there in middle school with the chorus and orchestra for some contest. Kai loves roller coasters for his age but the only one I am willing to ride with him was the scobby doo roller coaster, his mommy is a big chicken when it comes to that. :)