Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend synopsis...

Went to Great Falls (surprise, surprise) on Saturday. That was a much needed trip as I got to practice placing gear. I didn't actually lead anything, but I did pseudo-lead. :-) I'll explain to those of you familiar with climbing terms: we top-roped the climbs but I placed gear and pulled up a second rope to clip it as I went to basically make believe that I didn't have a rope above me. Did you all get all that?? Anyways, we didn't do anything too hard. I figured I'd save that trip for Sunday, but I couldn't drag anyone out ...lazy bums!! :-P

Saturday night was a good time. After spending the day climbing, I was on the line about going out...but I'm glad I did. We went to Clarendon and happened to see a really good 80's tribute band called The Reflex. Their singer nailed the high notes on "Take On Me" (A-Ha)...I'm still thoroughly impressed. Also ran into some guys from Dr. Fu...if you have not seen these bands, you must put it on your to-do list.

No comments: