Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How do you define 'spring'?....

Well, I was going to wait until I got pics to post from the hiking trip to the Shenandoah's last weekend... but I know you all are just chomping at the bit to read my latest weekend 'goings on' so here goes! ;-)

FNP was ok, I've managed to spend the last two weeks in positive territory. But as for the all-telling Google spreadsheet... I am the big ol, flagged and flaring red colored negative leader. Before my own mother starts berating my poker skills... there is still months to go! I'm not preparing my last place acceptance speech just yet.

And onto Saturday... went hiking out in the Shenandoah's. It was a good time, it was gorgeous weather which kinda made it difficult to not hop onto some rocks, but hiking is a good thing as I'm in 'Rainier training mode' (now, I know that the governing rule is '2 times to be acronymized'...but for brevity sake, from now on it's RTM). And just outta curiousity, how would you all define the word 'spring'? In terms of a park, water...not season, hopping, etc.

And Sunday...not much to report except band practice. Once again, gorgeous out...rocks were a-callin' but so are wedding songs that need to be learned. No rocks this weekend. Sorry folks. :-(

2 comments:

J-2 said...

just off the top of my ol' noggin...isn't a spring just a body of water originates from the mountain? hence, "mountain spring".

Unknown said...

Perhaps... I don't know, I just had this notion that it was a thing of beauty. Not so to the folks in Shenandoah park.

(Gym tonight. Seriously. I'll even bring your gear, slacker.)