Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summersville camping report...

Wow...what a weekend. We got back at 2am last night and after 3 hours of not good sleep, I must say, I'm a little tired right now.

So, we left at 10:30am on Saturday (had a bit of a delay due to my car needing a new belt...does it ever end??) and got there in time to set up the tents, have a peek at the lake, and most importantly... roast marshmellows. And no, I couldn't watch. I was quite content with my graham crackers and chocolate, thank you.


Sunday was a good workout, for us and the kids... We packed up our lunch, climbing gear, and swim stuff and headed for the lake. Took us about a half hour to get to where the climbs are only to find out that it was packed with climbers. Luckily, our official guide (or shall I say, person who owned the guide book) found a 5.8 that we thought would be do-able. And I know I haven't been at the gym as much as I used to, but it was no 5.8! I just barely managed my way up. At any rate, it was neat...we happened to run into some other 'regulars' from the gym. Small climbing world. We then finally let the kids have their way and went to the 'Pirate Cove' to play in the lake and watch all the crazy cliff jumpers.

Monday was the icing on the cake. We rented a pontoon boat and since we met up with another family there and split the cost, it worked out quite nicely. We just went down the lake and stopped at certain neat spots and got in. So much fun, it was one of those rare occurences where I couldn't tell if the adults or kids were having more fun. We managed to climb a little bit on the cliffs which was great, although my aching feet would beg to differ. And after that, we were all ready for a nap but unfortunately a 5 hour drive awaited me. But well worth it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your weird marshmallow thing...you're a freak you know lol! *hugs*

Unknown said...

I'm not weird, the rest of you marshmallow eating world are... :-P

Lytkpr said...

Maybe it's an aversion to purity? Since it seems like you don't like vanilla either. I bet you don't like white flowers, snow, snowmen, etc:) Wow, at least Tyls only takes after you a little bit on your food "quirks".

Unknown said...

Hi Mom... have we met?? It's the texture!! I like vanilla, white flowers, and who doesn't love pure snowmen. ;-D

Anonymous said...

I like the naughty snowmen :)