Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Seneca, Yokum blowkums, and Sunday laziness....

So, it was a good trip to Seneca. We climbed some single pitch stuff on Saturday. I didn't get to lead anything. :-( But maybe next time, it was good practice anyhow. I did get to use my gear a bit for some practice pitches on top rope. Of course, I managed to bang the hell out of knee on the first climb...so, that made for a grumpy me the rest of the day. errrrr

The plan was to camp out Friday night and stay at the motel on Saturday night just because I'm a girl, and I'm girly like that. So, we pack up camp and head to the Yokum's (the motel) and low and behold...they overbooked. My reservation had apparently been unreserved. They tried to stick us in their 'other' hotel, the same hotel that boasts the infamous "Room #9" (5 points to the faithful blog reader who knows what this means...). So, yea....our options were to set up camp again or head back. Being bitter about my pseudo-reservation, coupled with my knee, I decided to head home.

I'll spare you all the details of my lazy Sunday. Unless you all are just dying to hear about my bathroom and kitchen floor cleaning adventures... Oh, did watch the new Potter movie. Much like the book, it wasn't bad but it wasn't all that good either.

5 comments:

Lytkpr said...

Dittos on Harry Potter, although I did miss maybe quite a bit since Tyls had to go to the potty 3 times:)

Unknown said...

Quit giving him soda! He does tattle on you, you know...

Fat Kid Chuckles said...

Don't lie - you know you dressed up for Harry Potter. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Rainier doesn't have hotels all up and down the mountain.

J-2 said...

Yes...I got to see all the wizards and moguls in full costume at the grand release friday night. The tysons barnes and noble requested APO assistance, and so I volunteered. Fortunately, no hostility brewed between the slyterins and griffindors - not that my baton or pepper spray would thwart any casted spells.

But, Barnes and Noble were gracious enough to give each of us APOs a free copy of the new book! No, it's not gratuity...but, if B&N get a burglarly alarm call at the same time Borders books has their alarm go off...where do you think we will respond first?? :)

Unknown said...

And the volunteer APO assistance didn't show up in full-on Snape gear? How would you have defended yourself against the dark arts??

Hold up...no hotels on Rainier? Surely, they must have shower and hair dryers somewhere on it...