Monday, February 25, 2008

Ice climbing trip '08...

So, I decided to go back to NH to do some ice climbing. If you are a dedicated reader, you will already know this was the site of my first ice climbing experience. But this time, I did take part in the ice climbing festival festivities. We decided to do the ice climbing basic course and the second day we did a guided climb. We really tried to get to the slideshows...but ice climbing is so tiring!!

The first day was revisiting Cathedral Ledge, but this time since we were taking a course...I actually learned ice climbing technique. So, I faired much better. Though I still took some 'graceful' falls.

The second day we went to an area called Frankenstein and ran laps up a route called the 'Cave Route'. It was a very very cool place...





It was a great trip. Our guides were awesome and the weather was good. Should any of you decide to take a trip up there, my recommendations:

- Peaches. A "must-go" for breakfast.
- Moose Mountain (I think?? It's something like that). They make blueberry beer, and it ain't all that bad. All their beer was good. Not to mention the nachos were pretty killer.
- Do not rent a Chevy Malibu. Oddly enough, not the best car in cold weather.

5 comments:

Lytkpr said...

I just feel concerned... almost looks like it should be in one of those "extreme sports". Awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

mmm...ummm...well, i like..mmm...climbed that mountain... in like 2 minutes...and ummm...have climbed everest...and...ummm..didn't need a course...

Unknown said...

...excuse me, um....yea...I climbed everest too...on one foot...carrying an elephant on my back, ummm...

Lytkpr said...

Speaking about ice...The Devils are actually number 1 in the Eastern Conference this year! You really need to catch up:)

Fat Kid Chuckles said...

Moat Mountain was the name of the Blueberry Beer fest 2008. However, if one were to drive around for a few hours, I'm sure they'd find a Moose Mountain.